AST is a self-adhering tape seal made from resilient, open-cell polyurethane foam impregnated with a water-based acrylic-modified asphalt emulsion and then compressed to a sealing density level appropriate to the application. Typically, higher compression levels are required for water tightness in water run-off applications; lower compression can be used, for example, for snow seals at roof ridges. AST replaces and outperforms liquid and butyl-tape sealants as well as closed-cell and unimpregnated open-cell foam closures.
AST sealant tape is used to seal out dust, air, wind-driven snow, and moisture through joint details in metal buildings and roofs. AST is ideal as a filler in expansion/compression joints subject to movement from thermal expansion and contraction, and as a gasket in mechanically fastened, non-moving applications such as lap seams. AST is suitable for use against metal, plastic, wood, concrete, and other materials common in metal building structures.
- Will not dry out and become hard and brittle
- Highly resistant to bugs and vermin
- Will not extrude from between joints like caulk or butyl tapes
- Conforms to contours and fills gaps
- Maintains a seal during thermal expansion and contraction of building panels
- Excellent compressibility and recovery (minimal compression set)
- Good thermal and sound insulator
- No shrinkage or blow-out due to closed-cell breakage
- Supplied with self-adhesive on one side. After removal of packaging, material begins gradual expansion – more slowly in cold weather than in hot.
For Further Inquiries Call
You can request a quote by contacting our customer service team via email, phone, or by clicking the button below and filling out our contact form.